Threat weight helps aggregate and score threats based on user-defined severity levels. It adds several fields such as threat level (
crlevel), threat score (
crscore), and threat type (
craction) to traffic logs. Threat weight logging is enabled by default and the settings can be customized. Threats can be viewed from the Top Threats FortiView dashboard.
- Go to Log & Report > Threat Weight.
- Adjust the settings as needed, such as individual weights per threat type and risk level values.
- Click Apply.
- In the tree menu, click Dashboard and in the FortiView section, click the + sign (Add Monitor).
- In the Security section, enable Show More and click Top Threats.
- Configure the settings as needed.
- Click Add Monitor.
- Go to Dashboard > Top Threats. The Top Threats monitor displays threats based on the scores in the traffic logs.
- Double-click a threat to view the summary.
- Click Sources, Destinations, Countries/Regions, or Sessions to view more information. Double-click an entry to view the log details.