FortiAP Status monitor
The FortiAP Status monitor displays the status and the channel utilization of the radios of FortiAP devices connected to a FortiGate. It also provides access to tools to diagnose and analyze connected APs.
To view the FortiAP Status monitor in the GUI:
- Go to Dashboard > WiFi.
- Hover over the FortiAP Status widget, and click Expand to Full Screen. The FortiAP Status monitor opens.
- (Optional) Click Save as Monitor to save the widget as monitor.
To view the Diagnostics and Tools menu in the GUI:
- Select and right-click on an Access Point entry in the table on the FortiAP Status monitor page.
- Click Diagnostics and Tools. The Diagnostics and Tools dialog for the selected FortiAP device slides in on the screen.
- You may click on the various tabs in the Diagnostics and Tools dialog like Clients, Spectrum Analysis, VLAN Probe, and so on, to monitor and analyze the FortiAP device.
The Diagnostics and Tools dialog is similar to the device dialog from WiFi & Switch Controller > Managed FortiAPs. To learn more about the various tabs and their functions, see Support for spectrum analysis of FortiAP E models, VLAN probe report, and Standardize wireless health metrics.