Adding MAC-based addresses to devices
Assets detected by device detection appear in the Device Inventory widget. You can manage policies around devices by adding a new device object (MAC-based address) to a device. Once you add the MAC-based address, the device can be used in address groups or directly in policies.
To add a MAC-based address to a device:
- Go to Dashboard > Users & Devices.
If you are using the Comprehensive dashboard template, go to Dashboard > Device Inventory Monitor. See Changing the default dashboard template.
- Hover over the Device Inventory widget, and click Expand to Full Screen. The Device Inventory monitor opens.
- Click a device and then click Firewall Device Address.
- (Optional) In the Name field, give the device a descriptive name.
Use the Name field to assign a descriptive name to a device so it is easier to find it in the Device column. After you finish configuring the device, refresh the page to see the new name in the dashboard.
- Click OK. The MAC address icon appears in the Address column next to the device name.