In FortiOS, FortiSandbox Cloud services are decoupled from the FortiGate Cloud license. This allows you to specify a FortiSandbox Cloud region and take advantage of FortiSandbox features without a FortiGate Cloud account.
The following topology demonstrates how FortiGate Cloud Logs and FortiSandbox Cloud are separated in FortiOS:
- Go to Dashboard > Status.
- The FortiGate Cloud widget shows separate license statuses for Log Retention and FortiSandbox Cloud.
In the following example, the FortiGate Cloud account is using a free license, and FortiSandbox Cloud is using a paid license:
- Go to System > FortiGuard.
- In the License Information table, find FortiSandbox Cloud and click Activate.
- Complete the prompts to obtain your license.
The FortiSandbox Cloud license is linked to your antivirus license, so they will expire at the same time.
If the FortiGate is not registered with a paid antivirus license, the FortiGate will use the free FortiGate Cloud license. This license limits the FortiGate to 100 FortiSandbox Cloud submissions per day.
- Go to Security Fabric > Fabric Connectors and double-click the FortiSandbox Cloud card.
- Select a region from the Region dropdown.
The following regions are available:
- Click OK.
FGT_PROXY (global) # execute forticloud-sandbox region 0 Europe 1 Global 2 Japan 3 US Please select cloud sandbox region[0-3]:3 Cloud sandbox region is selected: US
The separation of the FortiGate Cloud Log and FortiSandbox services are visible in the following example:
FGT_PROXY (global) # diagnose test application forticldd 3 Debug zone info: Domain:FortiCloud ReleaseQA Global - 172.16.95.16 Home log server: 172.16.95.93:514 Alt log server: 172.16.95.27:514 Active Server IP: 172.16.95.93 Active Server status: up Log quota: 102400MB Log used: 0MB Daily volume: 20480MB fams archive pause: 0 APTContract : 1 APT server: 172.16.102.52:514 APT Altserver: 172.16.102.51:514 Active APTServer IP: 172.16.102.52 Active APTServer status: up