If traffic is not flowing from the FortiGate, there may be a problem with the hardware connection.
- Ensure the network cables are plugged into the interfaces.
- Verify the LED connection lights for the network cables indicate there is a connection. The lights are typically green when there is a connection.
- Change the cable when:
- The cable or its connector are damaged.
- You are unsure of the type or quality of the cable, such as straight through or crossover.
- You see exposed wires at the connector.
- Connect the FortiGate to different hardware.
- Go to Network > Interfaces to ensure the link status for the interface is set to Up.
The link status is based on the physical connection and cannot be set in FortiOS.
You should still perform basic software connectivity tests to ensure complete connectivity even if there was a problem with the hardware connection. The interface might also be disabled, or its Status might be set to Down. See Interfaces.
- Go to Network > Interfaces.
- Select an interface, such as Port1, and click Edit.
- In the Miscellaneous area, next to Status, click Enabled.
- Click OK.
config system interface
set status up