The Clients by FortiAP monitor allows you to view detailed information about the health of individual WiFi connections in the network. It also provides access to tools to diagnose and analyze connected wireless devices.
- Go to Dashboard > WiFi.
- Hover over the Clients by FortiAP widget, and click Expand to Full Screen. The Clients by FortiAP monitor opens.
- (Optional) Click Save as Monitor to save the widget as monitor.
- Select a client entry in the table on the Clients by FortiAP monitor page.
- Right-lick on the selected client entry in the table and select Diagnostics and Tools. The summary dialog for the selected client slides in on the screen.
- You may click on Quarantine to quarantine, or Disassociate to disassociate the selected wireless client.
From the summary page, the Health section displays the overall health for the wireless connection. The overall health of the connection is:
- Good if the value range for all three conditions are Good
- Fair or poor if one of the three conditions is Fair or Poor respectively.
The summary page also has the following FortiView tabs:
The Clients by FortiAP monitor is a drilled-down version of the WiFi & Switch Controller > WiFi Clients page.