You can use this feature only when the FortiGate boots up from factory reset.
- Add the FortiGate Cloud product key to the FortiGate Cloud portal so that the FortiGate serial number appears in the portal.
- Set up a configuration template with the basic configuration in the FortiGate Cloud portal.
- Deploy the FortiGate to FortiGate Cloud with that template.
- Ensure the FortiGate has an interface in default DHCP client mode and is connected to the ISP outlet.
- Boot the FortiGate in factory reset. The FortiGate gets the DHCP lease so that it can access FortiGate Cloud in the Internet and join FortiGate Cloud.
The FortiGate Cloud server checks that the FortiGate key is valid and then deploys the FortiGate to FortiGate Cloud.
To prevent spoofing, FortiGate Cloud invalidates that key after a successful join.
- Complete zero touch provisioning by obtaining configuration from platform template in the Cloud.
0: set admintimeout 50 0: end 0: config system interface 0: edit "wan1" 0: set allowaccess ping ssh fgfm 0: next 0: edit "port1" 0: set allowaccess ping 0: set ip 126.96.36.199 255.255.255.0 0: next 0: edit "port2" 0: set allowaccess ping 0: set ip 188.8.131.52 255.255.255.0 0: next 0: end
- The FortiGate Cloud admin can change the template for different configuration requirements and then deploy the updated template to the FortiGate.
For example, you can add a secondary DNS to the template and deploy it to FortiGate.