After you create an SD-WAN interface, FortiGate adds a virtual interface for SD-WAN to the interface list that can be used to create routes.
You must configure a default route for the SD-WAN interface. The default gateways for each SD-WAN member interface do not need to be defined in the static routes table. FortiGate will decide which route or routes are preferred using Equal Cost Multi-Path (ECMP) based on distance and priority.
To create a static route for SD-WAN:
- Go to Network > Static Routes.
- Click Create New. The New Static Route page opens.
- Set Destination to Subnet, and leave the IP address and subnet mask as 0.0.0.0/0.0.0.0.
- From the Interface drop-down list, select SD-WAN.
- Ensure that Status is Enabled.
- Click OK to save your changes.