FortiView dashboards allow you to access information about traffic activity on your FortiGate, visually and textually. Core FortiView dashboards, including Sources, Destinations, Applications and more are available within the FortiView tree menu, and include a top menu bar with the following features:
- A refresh button which updates the displayed data.
- A time display dropdown for switching between current and historical data.
- An Add Filter button for applying filters to the displayed data.
- A view selection dropdown for changing what information shown on the dashboard.
Additional FortiView information is available as widgets to be placed within default or custom dashboards in the Dashboard menu. See FortiView dashboards and widgets.
Using the time display dropdown, you can select the time period to be displayed on the current dashboard. Time display options vary depending on the dashboard and can include current information (now) and historical information (1 hour, 24 hours, and 7 days).
In order to view historical information, disk logging must be enabled.
You can filter FortiView dashboards by using the Add Filter box in the toolbar and selecting a context-sensitive filter. Available filters vary depending on the FortiView dashboard.
To filter results on a FortiView dashboard:
- Select a dashboard in FortiView.
- Click Add Filter in the dashboard toolbar.
- Select a filter from the available list.
Available filters are presented for quick selection. Additional filters can be added by clicking the Add Filter button in the toolbar again.
Double-click or right-click on an entry in a FortiView dashboard and select Drill Down to Details to view additional details about the selected traffic activity. Click the back icon in the toolbar to return to the previous view. Drill down to details is not available on the All Sessions dashboard.
Selecting which information is shown:
Most FortiView pages include multiple views for displaying different types of information. You can switch between views by clicking the dropdown in the top menu bar and choosing a view.
Selecting a display type:
Display types include table view, bubble charts, and country maps. Not all display types are supported by all dashboards in FortiView. On pages that support multiple displays, select the icon in the top-right corner of the dashboard to choose a display.
- In the default table view, you can customize the columns that are displayed by hovering your mouse over the first column header and clicking the configure table icon.
- When using a bubble chart, it is possible to sort information using the Compare By dropdown menu. The size of each bubble represents the related amount of data. You can place your cursor over a bubble to display a tool-tip with detailed information on that item, and click on a bubble to drilldown into greater (filtered) detail.