Restoring from a USB drive
The FortiGate firmware can be restored from a USB drive.
To restore the firmware from a USB drive:
- Copy the firmware file to the root directory on the USB drive.
- Connect the USB drive to the USB port of the FortiGate device.
- Connect to the FortiGate CLI using the RJ-45 to DB-9 or null modem cable.
- Enter the following command:
execute restore image usb <filename>
The FortiGate unit responds with the following message:
This operation will replace the current firmware version! Do you want to continue? (y/n)
y. The FortiGate unit restores the firmware and restarts. This process takes a few minutes.
- Update the antivirus and attack definitions: