Fortinet communication ports and protocols
This document contains a series of diagrams and tables showing the communication ports and protocols used between various Fortinet products:
- and 3rd-party servers using FSSO.
Additionally, Fortinet's proprietary protocols are documented, showing what Fortinet products they operate with, how they behave, and how they carry out their roles:
- FGCP - FortiGate Clustering Protocol
- FGSP - FortiGate Session Life Support Protocol
- FGFM - FortiGate to FortiManager Protocol
- SLBC - Session-aware Load Balancing Cluster
- Fortinet Security Fabric
- FortiTelemetry/On-Net/FortiClient Endpoint Compliance
- FortiOS WAN optimization
- FSSO - Fortinet Single Sign-On
- OFTP - Optimized Fabric Transfer Protocol
- FortiClient EMS - Endpoint Management Server
Some protocols contain CLI syntax that control their ports and functionality.