Connecting the FortiSandbox and Edge
- Connect to the FortiSandbox.
- To edit port1, which is used for communication between the FortiSandbox and the rest of the Security Fabric, go to Network > Interfaces.
- Set IP Address/Netmask to an internal IP address.
In this example, the FortiSandbox connects to the same subnet as the FortiAnalyzer that you installed previously, using the IP address 192.168.65.20.
- Edit port3.
This port is used for outgoing communication by the virtual machines (VMs) running on the FortiSandbox. It’s recommended that you connect this port to a dedicated interface on your FortiGate to protect the rest of the network from threats that the FortiSandbox is currently investigating.
- Set IP Address/Netmask to an internal IP address (in the example, 192.168.179.10/255.255.255.0).
- To add a static route, go to Network > System Routing. Set Gateway to the IP address of the FortiGate interface that port 1 connects to (in the example, 192.168.65.2).
- Connect to Edge.
- To configure the port that connects to port3 on the FortiSandbox (in the example, port13), go to Network > Interfaces. Set IP/Network Mask to an address on the same subnet as port 3 on the FortiSandbox (in the example, 192.168.179.2/255.255.255.0)
- Connect the FortiSandbox to the Security Fabric.