Adding user to FortiAuthenticator
- On the FortiAuthenticator, go to Authentication > User Management > Local Users, and select Create New.
- Enter a Username (gthreepwood) and enter and confirm the user password.
- Enable Allow RADIUS authentication, and select OK to access additional settings.
- Enable Token-based authentication and select to deliver the token code by FortiToken. Select the FortiToken added earlier from the FortiToken Mobile drop-down menu.
Set Delivery method to Email. This will automatically open the User Information section where you can enter the user email address in the field provided.
- Next, go to Authentication > User Management > User Groups, and select Create New.
- Enter a Name (RemoteFTMUsers) and add gthreepwood to the group by moving the user from Available users to Selected users.
- The FortiAuthenticator sends the FortiToken Mobile activation to the user’s email address. If the email does not appear in the inbox, check the spam folder.
- The user activates their FortiToken Mobile through the FortiToken Mobile application by either entering the activation code provided or by scanning the QR code attached.