- In the FortiGate-VM instance, find the public IP address. Your IP address will differ from the example.
- In a browser, go to https://<public_IP_address>.
The default username is “opc” for FortiOS 5.6.x, 6.0.0, and 6.0.1, and “admin” for FortiOS 6.0.2 and later versions for new installations. For upgrades (such as from FortiOS 6.0.1 to 6.0.2), the exiting opc user is kept. The default password is the OCID. You can find the OCID as shown:
- Once logged in, FortiOS prompts for a license file. You can obtain licenses through any Fortinet partner. If you do not have a partner, contact Fortinet for assistance in purchasing a license. After you purchase a license or obtain an evaluation license (60-day term), you receive a PDF with an activation code. Go to Customer Service & Support and create a new account or log in with an existing account.
If you added a license by following the instructions in (Optional) Bootstrapping FortiGate-VM on the OCI GUI at initial bootup, the system displays the dashboard instead of a license upload window, since the license is already activated.
- Go to Asset > Register/Activate to start the registration process. In the Specify Registration Code field, enter your license activation code and select Next to continue registering the product. Enter your details in the other fields.
- At the end of the registration process, download the license (.lic) file to your computer. You will upload this license to activate the FortiGate.
- After registering a license, Fortinet servers may take 30-45 minutes to fully recognize the new license. When you upload the license (.lic) file to activate the FortiGate, if you get an error that the license is invalid, wait 30 minutes and try again. You should now be able to see the FortiGate GUI console.
- If you followed the instructions in (Optional) Bootstrapping FortiGate-VM on the OCI GUI at initial bootup, you can check if the command was successful. Open the CLI console and enter
diag debug cloudinit show. If the cloud-init was run successfully, the CLI shows
Finish running scriptwith no errors.
- Check the timezone by running
config system globaland
The timezone was changed to Alaska as expected, meaning that the bootstrapping CLI command was successful.