- Go to Compute > Instances. Click Create Instance.
- Enter the desired instance name.
- For Choose an operating system or image source, click Change Image Source, then Partner Images > FortiGate Next Gen Firewall (BYOL).
- Select the desired instance shape. If this instance will be part of an HA topology, select a shape with at least four OCPU.
- Select the desired VCN and subnet, then click Create.
A newly created FortiGate-VM only has one VNIC. To configure a second VNIC, see Creating the second virtual network interface (VNIC) and Configuring the second VNIC on the FortiGate-VM.