With FortiGate-VM BYOL instances, you must source appropriate licenses to support the change in machine types for FortiGate-VM BYOL instances and add the licenses manually. You may have to add a new license to correspond to the new processor core count. See How to upgrade FortiGate VM license.
Editing the instance configuration does not allow you to add or delete network interfaces.
- Go to Compute Engine > Instances.
- Select the desired instance.
- On the VM instance details page, click STOP to shut down the VM. In this example, the original machine type is n1-standard-4.
- Once the VM is powered off, click EDIT on the VM instance details page.
- From the Series and Machine type dropdown lists, select the desired new series and machine type. This example upgrades the VM instance form n1-standard-4 to n1-standard-8.
- Click Save.
- Select the VM and click START/RESUME.