You can deploy a x64-based FortiGate-VM from VHD image files using custom templates or Azure CLI.
FortiGate-VM VHD image files are available from Fortinet Customer Service & Support.
- Go to Download > VM Image.
- From the Product dropdown list, select FortiGate.
- From the Platform dropdown list, select Azure.
- Download the FGT_VM64_AZURE-v7-buildXXXX-FORTINET.out.hyperv.zip file, where XXXX is the build number.
- Unzip the file.
- Locate the fortios.vhd file.
- Convert the downloaded VHD to a fixed type by setting the
-VHDType Fixedparameter with the source and destination image paths on Windows PowerShell. For information on how to use the convert-VHD Hyper-V module, see Convert-VHD.
- Upload the fortios.vhd file to the blob/storage location as your deployment templates require.
Fortinet Customer Service & Support hosts only two minor versions for the two latest major FortiOS versions. To obtain older files, go to Download > Firmware Images, select FortiGate as the Product, then go to the Download tab. Go to the desired version and download the FGT_VM64_AZURE-v7-buildXXXX-FORTINET.out.hyperv.zip file.