- Log into the FortiGate-VM GUI using the default admin account. The default admin account has the username admin and no password. The license activation screen appears.
- Select Choose File, select your license file, and select OK. The system restarts. After a few minutes, the login screen appears. Log back into the FortiGate-VM.
- Using your terminal, enter the following commands to log into the server and enable disk logging:
ssh -i ./Fortinet-AWS-Keypair.pem admin@ FortiGate-VM64-AWS #execute update-now FortiGate-VM64-AWS #execute formatlogdisk
- Go to System > Admin > Administrators and edit the default admin account. Select Change Password and enter a new password.
- Go to System > Network > Interfaces and edit an internal interface (in the example, port2). Set Addressing Mode to DHCP.
- This port's IP address has changed to the IP you entered using the terminal (in the example, 10.0.1.5).
- Go to Firewall Objects > Virtual IPs > Virtual IPs and create a new virtual IP that will map RDP (TCP port 3389) to a Windows server that will be deployed in the next step.
- Go to Policy > Policy > Policy and create a new policy allowing traffic from the Internet-facing interface to the internal interface.
- Create a second policy allowing traffic from the internal interface to the Internet-facing interface.