- In the AliCloud web console, click Create Instance.
- Configure the ECS instance so that it does not use the same vSwitch as the FortiGate-VM. In this example, the ECS VSwitch was selected. There is no need to assign a public IP address since an ECS with a public IP address does not route through the FortiGate-VM.
- Confirm the configuration, then create the instance.
- Reset the VNC password and login password, then restart the instance.
- Connect to the VNC and log into Windows.
The VM should be able to connect to the Internet through the FortiGate-VM.
FortiOS should also provide detailed log information.