This configuration requires three VPCs for the FortiGate: external, internal, and mirroring. It also requires a fourth VPC where you deploy the VM instances whose traffic will be mirrored. This guide refers to the fourth VPC as "VPC 1".
- In the GCP console, go to VPC Networks, then click CREATE VPC NETWORK.
- In the Name field, enter the desired name.
- From the Region dropdown list, select the region appropriate for your deployment.
- From the IP address range field, enter the first network's subnet in CIDR format, such as 10.0.1.0/24.
- Leave all other settings as-is, then click Create.
- Repeat steps 1-5 to create the remaining three VPCs.
- Go to Compute Engine > Virtual machines > VM instances. Deploy two VMs to VPC 1.