- Log in to the GCP console and navigate to Firestore.
- Navigate to the FortiGateMasterElection table.
- Make note of the primary FortiGate-VM IP address and ensure the voteState is done. See below for an example:
- Navigate to the FortiGateAutoscale table and confirm that instances have been added to the cluster. Following is an example of a healthy cluster:
The masterIp field displays the IP address of the primary FortiGate-VM.
When an instance is removed from a cluster its record will not be deleted.
- Log in to the primary FortiGate-VM instance using the public IP address from step 3 of Verify the deployment. The default admin port is 8443 and the default username/password is admin/<instance-id>.
- Cluster information is displayed on the main dashboard:
- VPN status is under Monitor > Ipsec Monitor, which shows the current connections between the FortiGates in the cluster.
- Additional settings can be found in the Firestore collection under SETTINGS. See below for an example:
Various cluster metrics are displayed in the GCP console under Compute > Instance Groups > YOUR-FORTIGATE-AUTOSCALE_CLUSTER > Monitor.
From here you can see the scale in and scale out actions that have been performed, as well as cluster health data.
Use Operations (formerly Stackdriver) for additional logging information, including scaling of the Function.