This section describes manual image deployment. You can also use other deployment alternatives, as described in Deploying FortiGate-VM HA on GCP in one zone.
- Go to the Fortinet support site and log in.
- Go to Download > VM Images.
- Under Select Product, select FortiGate.
- Under Select Platform, select Google.
- Select the desired firmware version.
- Download the package file for a new deployment of FortiGate on GCP. The deployment package file is named “FGT_VM64_GCP-vX-buildXXXX-FORTINET.out.gcp.tar.gz”, where vX is the major version number and XXXX is the build number.
This deployment method only applies for BYOL deployments. The PAYG deployment file is unavailable for download in the above site. For PAYG, configure HA after deploying two FortiGate-VM instances on the GCP marketplace.
Deciding and configuring required VPC and networks is highly encouraged before you launch FortiGate-VM instances that you plan to form an HA cluster with. For details about GCP networks, see Creating VPC networks.