To connect to the FortiGate-VM, you need your login credentials and the FortiGate-VM's public DNS address. From the previous step, there is a temporary admin password that Google Cloud automatically generates.
- Connect to the FortiGate using your browser. Your browser displays a certificate error message, which is normal because browsers do not recognize the default self-signed FortiGate certificate. Proceed past this error.
- If accessing the FortiGate for the first time via the GUI (HTTPS, port 443) or SSH (port 22), you see the following disclaimer. Click Accept.
- Log in to the FortiGate-VM with the username admin and the supplied temporary password.
- Change the password.
- After logging in successfully, upload your license (.lic) file to activate the FortiGate-VM. The FortiGate-VM automatically restarts. After it restarts, wait about 30 minutes until the license is fully registered at Fortinet, then log in again.
- After you log in, you see the FortiGate dashboard. The information in the dashboard varies depending on the instance type.