The FortiGate Autoscale for AWS deployment package is located in the Fortinet GitHub project.
To obtain the deployment package, use one of the following:
- Download the package aws-cloudformation.zip directly from the GitHub project release page.
- Manually generate the deployment package in your local workspace:
- From the GitHub project release page, download the source code (.zip or .tar.gz) for the latest version.
- Extract the source code into the project directory in your local workspace.
npm installto initialize the project at the project root directory.
npm run build-artifactsto generate the local deployment package.
The deployment package aws-cloudformation.zip will be available in the dist/artifacts directory.
Once you have the deployment package aws-cloudformation.zip:
- Unzip the file on your local PC. The following files and folders will be extracted:
- Log into your AWS account.
- In the Amazon S3 service, create an S3 bucket as the root folder for your deployment. In the example below, the folder is named fortigate-autoscale.
- Inside this folder, create another folder to store the deployment resources. In the example below, this folder is named deployment-package.
- Navigate to this second folder and upload the files and folders you extracted in step 2 to this location. In the example below, we navigate to Amazon S3 > fortigate-autoscale > deployment-package.
This assets folder contains configuration files that can be modified as needed to meet your network requirements. For details, refer to the Appendix > Major components >The "assets" folder in the S3 bucket.
If you will be using BYOL instances, the deployment package will look for FortiGate license files in a location that ends with license-files > fortigate. This location can created within the assets folder of the deployment package location or within a custom asset location.
If a custom asset location is used, you must specify the location in the parameters described in the table Custom asset location configuration.
- If the deployment package is located at Amazon S3 > fortigate-autoscale > deployment-package, license files would be uploaded to Amazon S3 > fortigate-autoscale > deployment-package > assets> license-files > fortigate.
- If you will be storing license files in a custom S3 location and you have created the S3 bucket custom-s3-bucket-name with the directory custom-asset-directory, you would upload the license files to Amazon S3 > custom-s3-bucket-name > custom-asset-directory > license-files > fortigate.