You must add a trigger to the DynamoDB table created in Setting up the DynamoDB table. This trigger is the key that causes the Lambda function to generate a full IP block list to a static file in the S3 bucket.
The following describes how to create a trigger on a DynamoDB table
- In DynamoDB, click the table to toggle on its detail window.
- On the Triggers tab, click Create Trigger, then Existing Lambda function from the dropdown list.
- From the Function dropdown list, select the Lambda function created in Creating the Lambda function.
- Leave the Batch size value at its default, which is normally 100.
- Select the Enable trigger checkbox.
- Click Create.
At this point, installation is complete, although the AWS CloudWatch and GuardDuty services need additional configuration to work with the Lambda function.