In this example, you will enable the FortiGate-VM to protect inbound RDP traffic. The same concept can be applied to HTTP/HTTPS and other services. This demonstrates how to configure the FortiGate-VM to monitor inbound and outbound traffic.
- In FortiOS, navigate to Policy & Objects > Virtual IPs.
- Map the FortiGate-VM's 3389 port to the ECS at 192.168.1.36.
You can now see the newly created virtual IP address.
- Configure the inbound policy for the RDP redirection. Go to Policy & Objects > IPv4 Policy, then click Create New.
- Name the rule, then choose the newly created virtual IP address as the destination.
- Enable the desired security profiles, then log All Sessions for demonstration purposes.
The inbound rule is created successfully.
You can now use the FortiGate public address to RDP into the ECS.
You can also view the logs and session information in FortiOS.