You can deploy FortiGate-VM to support Auto Scaling on AliCloud.
Multiple FortiGate-VM instances can form an Auto Scaling group to provide highly efficient clustering at times of high workloads. FortiGate-VM instances will be scaled out automatically according to predefined workload levels. Auto Scaling is achieved by using FortiGate-native high availability (HA) features such as
config-sync, which synchronizes operating system (OS) configurations across multiple FortiGate-VM instances at the time of scale-out events.
FortiGate Autoscale for AliCloud is available with FortiOS 6.2 and later versions for On-Demand (PAYG) instances. The standard deployment contains the following:
- A highly available architecture that spans two Availability Zones (AZs).
- A virtual private cloud (VPC) configured with public and private subnets.
- A NAT gateway allowing egress traffic from the protected servers.
- An external facing network load balancer is created as part of the deployment process. An internal facing network load balancer is optional.
- AliCloud Function Compute, which runs Fortinet-provided scripts for running Auto Scaling. Functions are used to handle Auto Scaling and failover management.
- An Open Table Service or TableStore (OTS), a NoSQL database which stores information on the Auto Scaling configurations such as the primary or secondary IP addresses.