Registering the FortiGate-VM with Customer Service & Support allows you to obtain the FortiGate-VM license file.
- Log in to the Customer Service & Support site using a support account, or select Sign Up to create an account.
- In the main page, under Asset, select Register/Activate.
- In the Registration page, enter the registration code that you received via email, and select Register to access the registration form.
- If you register the S-series subscription model, the site prompts you to select one of the following:
- Click Register to newly register the code to acquire a new serial number with a new license file.
- Click Renew to renew and extend the licensed period on top of the existing serial number, so that all features on the VM node continue working uninterrupted upon license renewal.
- Complete and submit the registration form.
- In the registration acknowledgment page, click the License File Download link.
- Save the license file (
.lic) to your local computer. See Uploading the FortiGate-VM virtual appliance license or Validating the FortiGate-VM license with FortiManager for information about uploading the license file to your FortiGate-VM via the GUI.