Use one of the following methods to power on the FortiGate-VM:
- Select the FortiGate-VM in the inventory list, and select Power on the virtual machine in the Getting Started tab.
- In the inventory list, right-click the FortiGate-VM, and select Power > Power On.
- Select the FortiGate-VM, and click the Power On button on the toolbar.
The PING utility is the usual method to test connectivity to other devices. For this, you need the console on the FortiGate-VM.
In FortiOS, the command for the PING utility is
Before you configure the FortiGate-VM for use in production, ensure that connections between it and all required resources can be established.
- If the FortiGate-VM will provide firewall protection between your network and the Internet, verify that it can connect to your Internet access point and to resources on the Internet.
- If the FortiGate-VM is part of a Fortinet Security Fabric, verify that it can connect to all devices in the Fabric.
- Verify that each node on your network can connect to the FortiGate-VM.