Customer-required contribution and responsibilities
Customers are required to:
- Register devices on the Fortinet Support website.
- Configure devices correctly to use with the FortiGate Cloud service.
- Provide network connectivity with the required configuration to enable devices to communicate with the service. Internet connectivity must be available because logs are sent periodically.
- Access the Fortinet Support website and Fortinet website (FortiGate Cloud web portal) using a supported web browser with Internet connectivity.
- Complete the renewal of an existing service subscription before the expiration of the current term. Otherwise log files are purged after seven days with no grace period.
- Make sure product and FortiOS versions support the service.
- Manage the device configuration to ensure any transmitted data meets customer data privacy requirements.
FortiGate Cloud services' effectiveness depends on the configuration that the customer uses on their local platform and the available bandwidth for communicating the data.