FortiGate-7000 IPsec VPN
The following notes and limitations apply to FortiGate- 7000 IPsec VPNs for FortiOS 6.0.8:
- Site-to-Site IPsec VPN is supported.
- Dialup IPsec VPN is supported. The FortiGate-6000 or 7000 can be the dialup server or client.
- Interface-based IPsec VPN (also called route-based IPsec VPN) is supported. Policy-based IPsec VPN is not supported.
- Static routes can point at IPsec VPN interfaces and can be used for routing the traffic inside IPsec VPN tunnels.
- Policy routes cannot be used for communication over IPsec VPN tunnels.
- VRF routes cannot be used for communication over IPsec VPN tunnels.
- Remote networks with 0- to 15-bit netmasks are not supported. Remote networks with 16- to 32-bit netmasks are supported.
- IPv6 clear-text traffic (IPv6 over IPv4 or IPv6 over IPv6) is not supported.
- IPsec SA synchronization between HA peers is not supported. After an HA failover, IPsec VPN tunnels have to be re-initialized.
- Dynamic routing (RIP, OSPF, BGP) over IPsec VPN tunnels is supported.
- The FortiGate-7000 does not support load-balancing IPsec VPN tunnels to multiple FPMs.
- All IPsec VPN tunnels are terminated on the primary FPM and traffic between IPsec VPN tunnels is supported.