Security Fabric integration allows FortiDeceptor and deception decoys to be visible through the Fabric network topology map.
Use Fabric > Integration Devices to configure the integration between FortiDeceptor and FortiGate for Security Fabric.
- In FortiDeceptor, go to Use Fabric > Integration Devices.
- In the Fabric Upstream section, select Enabled.
- Enter the FortiGate IP address in Upstream IP Address and the FortiGate connector port in Port.
- In FortiGate, log in as an admin and go to Security Fabric > Fabric Connectors.
- Add the FortiDeceptor connector for this integration. For information, see Configuring other Security Fabric devices > FortiDeceptor in the FortiGate Administration Guide.
When configuring the Fabric Connector in FortiGate, you must enable Allow downstream device REST API.
FortiDeceptor supports the CSF protocol that triggers automatic mitigation/ isolation of the infected endpoint from the network and prevents the attack from moving laterally.
The CSF integration provides access to more fabric devices for isolations like FortiSwitch through the Fortigate.
SAML support between Fortigate WEB-UI to FortiDeceptor to allows SSO login from Fortigate to FortiDeceptor.
To trigger automatic mitigation using the CSF:
- In FortiGate, log in as an admin and go to Security Fabric > Automation.
- Click Trigger > Create New.
- Configure the Fabric Connector Event:
- Enter the Name of the event.
- Enter a Description of the event.
- Select a FDC appliance from the connector menu.
- Select an event.
- Select the Event Severity.
- Click Save.
- In the same screen, go to Action > Create New and choose any mitigation response you would like to execute once the FortiDeceptor pushes an incident alert to Fortigate.
- In FortiGate, go to Security Fabric > Physical Topology to verify that the FortiDeceptor is on the topology map.
- In FortiGate, go top Dashboard > Status to view FortiDeceptor information and deception decoys configuration status.
Use Fabric > Integration Devices to view and configure FortiGate and other device settings for integration with FortiDeceptor. Integration uses REST APIs, XML APIs, or webhooks. When decoys are accessed, FortiDeceptor makes quarantine calls and attackers are immediately quarantined on the device for further analysis.
The following information is displayed:
- Go to Fabric > Integration Devices.
- Click Quarantine Integration With New Device.
- Configure the device for integration. Then click Save.
Enable or disable this device.
Specify a name for this device.
The selected level and all levels above it are blocked. For example, if you select Medium, then when any attack reaches medium, high, or critical levels, the attacker IP address is blocked. If you select Critical, then only the critical level is blocked.
Option for Central Management manager device to integrate the incidents from the specified appliances only.
The integration method of this device:
Different integration methods have different settings.
IP or Device IP
IP address of the integrated device.
Port number of the integrated device API service. Default is 8443.
Username and password of the integrated device.
The FNAC-WEBHOOK auhtorization token generated by FNAC.
For FortiGate devices, the default access VDOM.
Enable to verify SSL.
Default blocking time in second. Default is 3600 seconds.