This topic shows how to apply for a FortiDeceptor license in an offline or air-gapped network.
- Log into Customer Service and Support.
- Go to Asset > Information > License & Key.
- In the Available Key(s) section, click Get The License File and save it to the local disk.
- Log into FortiDeceptor.
- Configure the management IP address on port1.
- In the Dashboard System Information widget, click Upload License beside Firmware License.
- Locate the license and click Submit.
FortiDeceptor extracts the serial number, IP addresses, decoy keys, expiry date; and then performs the following verifications.
- Verify the expiration time of the license.
- Verify that the embedded management IP address is the same as the current management IP address.
- Verify the expiration time of the decoys keys if the keys are subscription type.
If all the verifications pass, the unit is ready to import deception images.