A best practice is to stay current on patch releases for your current major release. Only update to a new major release or version when you are looking for specific functionality in the new major release or version. For more information, see the FortiDeceptor Release Notes or contact Technical Support.
Before any firmware update, complete the following:
- Download the FortiDeceptor firmware image and Release Notes document from the Fortinet Customer Service & Support portal. Review the Release Notes, including the special notices, upgrade information, product integration and support, and resolved and known issues.
- Back up your configuration file. It is highly recommended that you create a system backup file and save it to your management computer. You can also schedule the system to back up system configurations to a remote server.
- Plan a maintenance window for the firmware update. If possible, consider setting up a test environment to check that the update does not negatively impact your network.
- Go to Dashboard > System Information > Firmware Version.
- In the System Information widget beside Firmware Version, click Update or UPDATE AVAILABLE.
- Click Choose File and locate the firmware image on your management computer; then click Submit to start the upgrade.
Alternatively, in the AVAILABLE FIRMWARE pane Install column, click the download icon beside the firmware release you want. The system upgrades and restarts automatically.
When the update is complete, test your FortiDeceptor device to ensure that the update was successful.