For most deployments, the decoys included with FortiDeceptor are enough and are easier to deploy. However, if you want to use your own custom OS images for the decoy, FortiDeceptor supports Decoy Customization with a purchased subscription service.
Some examples of using Decoy Customization include:
- Windows 10 decoy joining AD.
- Windows Server 2016/2019 Enterprises users with their standard server management tools.
This version only supports Decoy Customization for Windows 10 and Windows Server 2016/2019.
- Order the license with Decoy Customization subscription-based SKU.
- Install FortiDeceptor.
After installing FortiDeceptor with the Decoy Customization subscription, the Help icon in the toolbar has a Customization Cookbook.
- Follow the instructions in the Customization Cookbook. The high-level instructions are:
- Upload an ISO image.
- Install ARAE engine on image.
- Use the Deployment Wizard to install the customized decoy.