Compliance Collection is used to monitor specific data pattern using compliance policies. To setup a Compliance Collection, first configure the associated compliance policy, then configure the compliance collection with the file collection created earlier.
There are four predefined compliance collection: GDPR compliance collection, SOX/COBIT compliance collection, HIPAA compliance collection, and PCI compliance collection.
Each of the predefined compliance collection can configure the DLP data patterns, malware, and anti-virus detection to be associated with the file collection. Then the predefined compliance collection can be applied to the corresponding compliance policy for monitoring.
- Go to Policy > Compliance from navigation menu.
- Select a policy related to file monitoring, e.g., SOX/COBIT - Access to Sensitive Data, and expand it.
- Click on Compliance Collection drop down menu, and select the compliance collection(s) that the policy would be associated with. SOX/COBIT - Access to Sensitive Data is part of the SOX/COBIT compliance policy, therefore SOX/COBIT compliance collection is selected.
- Click Save Changes to complete.
After the associated policy is setup, go back to Collection to finish setting up Compliance Collection.
- Select the targeted Compliance Collection, click the Action button and select Edit Compliance Collection. In this example, the policy selected is part of SOX/COBIT compliance policy, therefore SOX/COBIT compliance collection will be selected.
- Click on Associate with Data Pattern drop down menu to select the desired data pattern to monitor.
- Click on Associate with File Collection field to select the file collection created earlier: "John_File".
- Click on Save Changes button to complete the configuration for the compliance collection.
After the compliance collection is created, the SOX/COBIT - Access to Sensitive Data compliance policy will monitor for access to the data path specified in the file collection.