Use the Add API User wizard to generate API user IDs and passwords. IAM users can use their credentials to obtain an OAuth token from FortiAuthenticator.
- Go to API Users.
The API User pane opens.
- Click ADD API USER. The Add API User pane opens.
- (Optional) In the Description field, enter a description of the user.
- Click Next. The Permissions page is displayed.
- Set the Portal Permissions.
- Click the Plus sign (+).
- Under IAM, Assets & Support, select a product or service, and click Add.
- Click the Edit button, and configure the user permission.
Permission Description Allow Portal Access Toggle Yes to grant access to the service. AccessType
The Access Type is defined by the portal. For example, the access types for Asset Management are:
Whereas the access types for FortiOS SSO are:
- Click Confirm.
- Click Next.
- Review the user's information, and click Confirm.
- Click Download Credentials. The Security Check dialog opens.
Downloading API User Credentials will reset the user's security credentials each time you perform this action.
- Enter your password and click Proceed. The credentials are downloaded to your computer.
- Request an authorization token. SeeAccessing FortiAPIs