Use Case: FortiClient Software Management
This use case describes how to use FortiClient EMS for basic central management of FortiClient endpoints when deploying FortiClient to endpoints using AD servers. This scenario requires the following steps:
- Complete the prerequisites by preparing the AD server and Windows endpoints for deployment. See Prerequisites.
- Add endpoints to EMS by adding the AD server to EMS. See Adding endpoints using an Active Directory Domain service.
- Create a gateway list. Creating a gateway list is only necessary if connecting Telemetry to FortiGate. See Creating a gateway list.
- Create a FortiClient installer. Specify the gateway list (if created) in the installer. See Creating a FortiClient installer.
- Create a profile, select the FortiClient installer package, and configure FortiClient features in the profile. See Creating a deployment profile.
- Assign the profile to a branch of the AD domain to push the FortiClient installation process on the endpoints. See Assigning the profile to endpoints.
- Verify the deployment by monitoring FortiClient connections to FortiClient EMS.
- When a new FortiClient version is available, create a corresponding installer to deploy the new FortiClient version to endpoints. See Upgrading endpoints to the latest version of FortiClient.