You can access FortiClient EMS remotely using a web browser instead of the GUI.
- Go to System Settings > Server.
- Enable Remote HTTPS access.
- If desired, in the Custom hostname box, type the host name or IP address. Otherwise, the Pre-defined hostname is used.
- If desired, select the Redirect HTTP request to HTTPS checkbox. If this option is enabled, if you attempt to remotely access EMS at http://<server_name>, this is automatically redirected to https://<server_name>.
- Click Save.
- To access EMS from the EMS server, visit
- To access the server remotely, use the server's hostname:
Ensure you can ping
<server_name>remotely. This can be achieved by adding it into a DNS entry or to the Windows hosts file. You may have to modify the Windows firewall rules to allow the connection.