Smart Connect Windows device onboarding process
To onboard a Windows device:
- On your Windows device, connect to the Onboarding WiFi network.
The FortiAuthenticator login screen is displayed.
- Enter either your G Suite or Azure login credentials, and select Login.
Once logged in, select Smart Connect.
- Enter a unique Device ID and choose your operating system from the Platform dropdown. Click OK.
A SmartConnect_UserName.exe file will be made available. Save this file.
- Run the SmartConnect_UserName.exe file.
If the Microsoft Defender warning message appears, click More info > Run anyway. If the User Account Control warning appears, click Yes.
The Fortinet Smart Connect network configuration tool will now run.
- Select Start.
Your device will now be provisioned with the wireless network information and certificates in order to connect to the Secure Wi-Fi SSID.
- Once provisioning is complete, click Connect. Your device will now connect to the Secure Wi-Fi network using WPA2 and EAP-TLS.
You may wish to forget the Onboarding network to prevent your device from automatically connecting to it in the future.