The following web browsers are supported by FortiAuthenticator 6.2.1:
- Microsoft Edge version 86
- Mozilla Firefox version 82
- Google Chrome version 86
Other web browsers may function correctly, but are not supported by Fortinet.
FortiAuthenticator 6.2.1 supports the following FortiOS versions:
- FortiOS v5.4.x and later
FortiAuthenticator 6.2.1 supports the following Fortinet Agents:
- FortiClient v.5.x, v.6.x for Microsoft Windows (Single Sign-On Mobility Agent)
- For FortiAuthenticator Agents for Microsoft Windows and Outlook Web Access compatibility with FortiAuthenticator, see the Agents Compatibility Matrix on the Fortinet Docs Library.
- FSSO DC Agent v.5.x
- FSSO TS Agent v.5.x
Other Agent versions may function correctly, but are not supported by Fortinet.
For details of which operating systems are supported by each agent, please see the install guides provided with the software.
FortiAuthenticator 6.2.1 supports:
- VMware ESXi / ESX 6.5/6.7/7.0
- Microsoft Hyper-V 2010, Hyper-V 2012 R2, and Hyper-V 2016
- Linux Kernel-based Virtual Machine (KVM) on Virtual Machine Manager and QEMU 2.5.0
- Xen Virtual Machine (for Xen HVM)
- Amazon AWS
- Microsoft Azure
- Oracle OCI
- Alibaba Cloud
Support for HA in Active-Passive and Active-Active modes has not been confirmed on the FortiAuthenticator for Xen VM at the time of the release.
See FortiAuthenticator-VM for more information.
FortiAuthenticator uses standards based RADIUS for authentication and can deliver two-factor authentication via multiple methods for the greatest compatibility:
- RADIUS Challenge Response - Requires support by third party vendor.
- Token Passcode Appended - Supports any RADIUS compatible system.
FortiAuthenticator should therefore be compatible with any RADIUS capable authentication client / network access server (NAS).