- In FortiWeb, go to System > Admin > Administrators, and click Create New.
- Enter a username and password for the administrator.
- Select Remote User as the Type.
- Choose the previously created Admin User Group.
- Select the Access Profile for the administrator, and click OK.
Once completed, log into the FortiWeb GUI with the newly created RADIUS administrator credentials.
FortiWeb allows users to authenticate without using a secondary form by entering both their password and token code in the password field. The RADIUS server extracts the token code automatically. The combined entry uses the following format:
For example, if the password is
fortinet and the code is
123456, the user enters
fortinet123456 in the Password field.
Successful authentication will provide the user with access to the FortiWeb, and will generate a login event on the FortiAuthenticator.
Wildcard accounts can also be used in order to avoid specifying each user locally. When this option is enabled, any user included on the RADIUS server associated with the selected Admin User Group will be able to authenticate as an administrator on the FortiWeb.
- Create a new administrator profile with a descriptive name.
The name is for internal purposes only and is not used during authentication.
- Choose Remote User as the Type, and enable Wildcard.
- Choose the RADIUS Admin User Group previously created.
- Select an Access Profile, and click OK.