In order to test two-factor authentication, a token is required. The configuration instructions included in this guide use FortiToken.
For security reasons, a token can only be automatically registered from the FortiGuard network a single time. If you need to register it a subsequent time, please contact Fortinet support.
- Go to Authentication > User Management > FortiTokens, and select Create New.
- Select the Token type and enter the FortiToken Serial number or Activation code. Click OK.
Once registered, tokens will be displayed with an Available status.
Create a single test user with RADIUS authentication and FortiToken two-factor authentication enabled.
- Go to Authentication > User Management > Local Users, and click Create New.
- Enter a username and password for the local user.
The configuration instructions included in this guide use the username John.Doe.
- Enable Allow RADIUS authentication, and click OK to access additional settings.
- Enable Token-based authentication and choose Deliver the token code by FortiToken.
Select the FortiToken added earlier from the relevant dropdown menu.
- Set the Delivery method to Email. This will automatically open the User Information section where you can enter the user email address in the field provided.
- Click OK to save changes to the local user.