Before proceeding, ensure that you have configured the RADIUS client and policy on FortiAuthenticator. See System settings.
The FortiGate appliance is the Gateway to your network, therefore, securing remote access, whether to the appliance itself (administration) or the network behind it (VPN), is critical.
FortiOS supports native two factor authentication using FortiToken, however, to use two-factor authentication on multiple FortiGate devices, you should use a FortiAuthenticator to enable strong authentication.
- Configure FortiAuthenticator local users, RADIUS client, and RADIUS policy:
- Configure the RADIUS server on your FortiGate:
- Set up authentication using one or more of the following configurations:
- Optional: Configure timeout settings on the FortiGate when using FortiToken Mobile push.
- Optional: Validate the configuration.