Go to Authentication > Self-service Portal > Replacement Messages to view the replacement message list.
The replacement messages are divided into seven categories: Account, Authentication, Device Certificate Enrollment, Password Reset, User Registration, SAML SP (FSSO), and System.
To view and customize SAML IdP replacement messages, go to Authentication > SAML IdP > Replacement Messages.
The two pre-authentication replacement messages under Authentication are only available after pre-authentication has been enabled under System > Administration > System Access.
Selecting a specific message will display the text and HTML or plain text of the message in the lower half of the content pane.
- Select a message in the replacement message list.
- Edit the plain text or HTML code in the lower right pane, or select Open in new window to edit the message in a new browser window.
- When you are finished editing the message, select Save to save your changes.
- If you have made an error when editing the message, select Restore Default to restore the message to its default value.
To insert custom images into the replacement message, see Manage Images.
- From the Manage Images window, select Create New to open the Create New Image window.
- In the Name field, enter a name for the image.
- Select Choose File, find the GIF, JPEG, or PNG image file that you want to add, and then select Open.
- Select OK to add the image.
To insert the image into a replacement message, add the following HTML code:
<image_name> is the name entered for the image. For example, the HTML code for an image named Acme_logo is
- From the Manage Images window, select an image, then select Delete.
- Select Yes, I’m sure in the confirmation window to delete the image.
In the manage images screen, select an image, then select Edit.
- From the Manage Images window, select an image, then select Edit.
- In the Edit Image window, edit the image name and file as required.
- Select OK to apply your changes.