How this guide is organized
This FortiAuthenticator Administration Guide contains the following sections:
- Setup describes initial setup for standalone and HA cluster FortiAuthenticator configurations.
- System describes the options available in the System menu tree, including network configuration, administration settings, and messaging settings.
- Authentication describes how to configure built-in and remote authentication servers and manage users and user groups.
- Port-based network access control (PNAC) describes how to configure FortiAuthenticator for IEEE 802.1X Extensible Authentication Protocol (EAP) authentication methods, Bring Your Own Device (BYOD), and MAC-based device authentication.
- Fortinet Single Sign-On (FSSO) describes how to use FortiAuthenticator in a single sign-on (SSO) environment.
- RADIUS Single Sign-On (RSSO) describes how to use FortiAuthenticator RADIUS accounting proxy.
- Monitoring describes how to monitor SSO and authentication information.
- Certificate management describes how to manage X.509 certificates and how to set up FortiAuthenticator to act as a certificate authority (CA).
- Logging describes how to view the logs on your FortiAuthenticator unit.
- Troubleshooting provides suggestions to resolve common problems.
- LDAP filter syntax outlines some basic filter syntax that is used to select users and groups in LDAP User Import, Dynamic LDAP Groups, and Remote User Sync Rules.