FortiAuthenticator-VM runs in evaluation mode until it is licensed. Before using the FortiAuthenticator VM you must enter the license file that you download from the Fortinet Support portal upon registration.
After placing an order for FortiAuthenticator-VM, a license registration code is sent to the email address used in the order form. Use the license registration code provided to register the FortiAuthenticator-VM with Fortinet Support.
Upon registration, download the license file. You will need this file to activate your FortiAuthenticator-VM. You can configure basic network settings from the CLI to complete the deployment. Once the license file is uploaded, the CLI and UI are fully functional.
- Go to the FortiCloud portal and create a new account or log in with an existing account.
- In Asset Management, select Register Product, or click the Register More button.
Provide your registration code:
- Enter your product serial number, service contract registration code, or license certificate number.
- Choose your end user type as either a government or non-government user.
- Click Next.
- Specify your registration information:
- If you have purchased a support contract for your product, enter the support contract.
- Enter a description to help identify the product.
- Enter the IP address of the FortiAuthenticator VM.
- Select a Fortinet Partner.
- Specify the asset group.
- Click Next.
As a part of the license validation process, the IP address of the FortiAuthenticator VM instance is compared to the IP information in the license file. If a new license has been imported or the IP address has been changed, the FortiAuthenticator VM must be rebooted in order for the system to validate the change and operate with a valid license.
- The Fortinet Product Registration Agreement page displays. Select the check box to indicate that you have read, understood, and accepted the service contract. Click Next.
- The Verification page displays. Select the checkbox to indicate that you accept the terms. Click Confirm.
Registration is now complete and your registration summary is displayed.
- On the Registration Complete page, download the license file (
.lic) to your computer. You will upload this license to activate the FortiAuthenticator VM.
Note: After registering a license, Fortinet servers can take up to 30 minutes to fully recognize the new license. When you upload the license file to activate the FortiAuthenticator VM, if you get an error that the license is invalid, wait 30 minutes and try again.
- Log into the FortiAuthenticator-VM from a browser.
- Navigate to System > Administration > Licensing.
- Click Upload a file and locate the license file (
.lic) on your computer. Click OK to upload the license file.
The VM registration status appears as valid after the license has been validated.
As a part of the license validation process, the IP address of the FortiAuthenticator-VM instance is compared to the IP information in the license file. If a new license has been imported or the IP address has been changed, the FortiAuthenticator-VM must be rebooted in order for the system to validate the change and operate with a valid license.