FortiAuthenticator-VM runs in evaluation mode until it is licensed. Before using the FortiAuthenticator VM you must enter the license file that you download from the Fortinet Support portal upon registration.
After placing an order for FortiAuthenticator-VM, a license registration code is sent to the email address used in the order form. Use the license registration code provided to register the FortiAuthenticator-VM with Fortinet Support.
Upon registration, download the license file. You will need this file to activate your FortiAuthenticator-VM. You can configure basic network settings from the CLI to complete the deployment. Once the license file is uploaded, the CLI and UI are fully functional.
- Navigate to the Fortinet Support portal and create a new account or log in with an existing account.
- In the toolbar, click Asset > Register/Renew to start the registration process.
- In the Specify Registration Code field, enter your license activation code and click Next to continue registering the product.
- Enter the Support Contract number, Product Description, Fortinet Partner, and IP address.
As a part of the license validation process, the IP address of the FortiAuthenticator VM instance is compared to the IP information in the license file. If a new license has been imported or the IP address has been changed, the FortiAuthenticator VM must be rebooted in order for the system to validate the change and operate with a valid license.
- Click Next.
- The Fortinet Product Registration Agreement page displays. Select the check box to indicate that you have read, understood, and accepted the service contract. Click Next.
- The Verification page displays. Select the checkbox to indicate that you accept the terms. Click Confirm.
- On the Registration Complete page, download the license file (
.lic) to your computer. You will upload this license to activate the FortiAuthenticator VM.
Note: After registering a license, Fortinet servers can take up to 30 minutes to fully recognize the new license. When you upload the license file to activate the FortiAuthenticator VM, if you get an error that the license is invalid, wait 30 minutes and try again.
- Log into the FortiAuthenticator-VM from a browser.
- Navigate to System > Administration > Licensing.
- Click Choose File and locate the license file (
.lic) on your computer. Click OK to upload the license file.
The VM registration status appears as valid after the license has been validated.
As a part of the license validation process, the IP address of the FortiAuthenticator-VM instance is compared to the IP information in the license file. If a new license has been imported or the IP address has been changed, the FortiAuthenticator-VM must be rebooted in order for the system to validate the change and operate with a valid license.