You can place FortiAP units on a custom map that you upload, such as an office floor plan. WiFi Maps show real-time status and alerts of FortiAP units so that you can quickly see the location and status of each FortiAP unit on the map.
- Obtain a floor plan or map (in PNG, JPEG, or GIF format) of where FortiAP units are located.
- Go to WiFi Controller > WiFi Maps and click Create New.
- Enter a Map name for example, Level-2.
- Click Browse to upload the map.
- Optionally, enable Image grayscale to change a color map to grayscale.
- Set Image opacity to specify map transparency.
- Click OK.
- Place FortiAP units on the map you uploaded.
Click Unlock Map to enable editing.
The list of unplaced APs loads.
- Drag and drop each FortiAP unit onto its location on the map.
- When all FortiAP units have been placed on the map, click Lock Map to save.
To view a FortiAP unit's detailed operating data or to configure AP settings, right-click the FortiAP icon and select Diagnostics and Tools.
- Use the filters above the map to show one or both the 2.4 GHz or 5 GHz band. You can also use the dropdown lists to show numerical operating data such as client count, channel, radio TX power, and channel utilization.
config wireless-controller region
set grayscale enable <enable|disable>
set opacity 40 <0-100>
config wireless-controller wtp
set region <MAP_NAME>
set region-x "0.419911" <0-1>
set region-y "0.349466" <0-1>