You can secure access to your wireless network by configuring the following security modes on an SSID:
- Open — Unsecured.
- Captive portal — Users connect to an open web portal defined in replacement messages. To navigate to any location beyond the web portal, the user must pass FortiGate user authentication.
- Wi-Fi Protected Access version 2 (WPA2), WPA2-Personal and WPA2-Enterprise
- WPA3 Security
- WPA3-Simultaneous Authentication of Equals (SAE)
- WPA3-SAE Transition
- Opportunistic Wireless Encryption (OWE)
- OWE Transition
- OSU Server — Only Authenticated L2 Encryption Network (OSEN)
You can also secure your network by: